Strawberry Spinach Salad W/Raspberry-Key Lime Vinaigrette
photo by ncmysteryshopper
- Ready In:
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 (10 ounce) bag italian blend salad greens
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups blood oranges, segmented and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed key lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- To make the vinegarette drssing: Put raspberry preserves in a small bowl and cook in microwave at 50% power for 45 seconds or until preserves has liquified. Thoroughly mix all dressing ingredients in bowl with wire whisk. Set aside.
- Put the spinach, salad greens, strawberries, blood oranges and cranberries in a large bowl and toss until ingredients are well blended. Mix the chopped pecans with the brown sugar. Sprinkle over the salad.
- Whisk vinegarette again until well mixed. Drizzle the vinegarette over the salad. Use the quantity of vinegarette to your liking. Toss everything together until salad is evenly coated with the vinegarette dressing.
AMAZING!! This salad is a treat to eat. I used navel oranges as that's what I had, dried cherries, and toasted pecans. It is a VERY sweet salad, and I think next time I'll leave the brown sugar out. I may play with the amount of sugar in the dressing as well simply to make it healthier~~but I could literally drink the dressing it's so yummy!! Thanks SO MUCH for sharing! :O)
see 10 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Update: I have changed my profile picture in honor of my dear best friend and loyal companion that I lost to cancer on 6/25/11. Maxx was the best dog that anyone could ever hope to have in their life. Until we meet again, sweet boy, you will be forever in my heart and memories. I currently live in the country with two dogs (a 12 pound poodle mix named Suki and a new member to the family, a 7-month old(?) 7.5 pound terrier mix named Angel ). I got Angel from the dog pound a week after I lost my beloved Maxx. Suki and I both needed a new companion to help us cope with our loss. Nothing will ever replace Maxx, but she has helped to uplift Suki's spirit. I am a secretary for a county school board. I love to cook, bake, crochet, paint, sew, read and anything to do with crafts. I was born in Tokyo,Japan. My father was in the Air Force and my moher was Japanese. I love to cook (and eat) a variety of foods from many different nations. I especially like trying out new recipes and experimenting with both old and new recipes. I also love participating in the great Zaar events like the tag games, recipe swaps, and Zaar World Tours. I recently participated in my first RSC contest. I have definitely had a lot of fun since joining Recipezaar. Update - September 20, 2007 I am proud to announce that I have just been blessed with my first grandchild. My son and daughter-in-law have given me a beautiful little granddaughter. [URL=http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x147/Crafty_Lady_13/?action=view¤t=f6fd3ae3.pbw][IMG]http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x147/Crafty_Lady_13/th_102_0365-1.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Make Reservation Online Create your own visitor map *************************************************** [Reply]</p>