Melon Salad W/Fresh Mozzarella, Prosciutto and Lime Vinaigrette
This is an interesting combination of flavors--not your usual fruit salad. I was sceptical at first, but I have always had great success with recipes I found in Cusine at Home, so I went for it. It was very good--refreshing and unusual. The basil and mint flavors as well as the prosciutto are all very subtle.
- Ready In:
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 ripe cantaloupe, cubed
- 1⁄2 ripe honeydew melon, cubed
- 7 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Fry Prosciutto in 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove; drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Combine melons, mozzarella, and herbs in a large blow.
- Whisk together lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil, shallot, honey, red pepper, and salt.
- Drizzle over fruit and toss gently to coat.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with fried prosciutto and coarsely ground fresh black pepper.
- Serve salad at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Nice flavors, very good! Only one suggestion ... I only used 1 teaspoon to saute the proscuitto. 1 tablespoon would of been too much, but I did use a non stick pan. I also found mini mozzarella balls (fresh), but no flavored, so I used those rather than cutting my own. Same flavor and same result. I love the mini mozzarella balls you can find these days. Otherwise it was wonderful. I served it with seafood, so it made a perfect side. Followed everything else as suggested.<br/>Thx for posting, Kim2Reply