Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A unique, tangy twist to any summer menu!
- 900 g melon, flesh
- 3 pieces tart apples
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 118 ml dry white wine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
- Cut the melon in half. Scoop out the seeds and remove the rind. Slice the melon into bite-sized pieces and run through a juicer.
- Peel and core the apples. Chop into small pieces and put into a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add lemon juice to the apples. When the apples begin to boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 10-12 more minutes, stirring often until soft.
- Pour the apple mixture into a food processor or blender and puree.
- Add the melon juice to the apple mixture and blend.
- Add the wine and cinnamon and combine in a quick, short burst of blending.
- Pour into serving bowls and chill. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs.