Recipe by robd16
This combination works extremely well and is tasty tasty tasty! There are 2 ways I serve this, either as a main course summer salad with cantaloupe melon mixed into salad leaves with strips of parma ham running through it and the dressing poured over, or as my mum does for a starter, use whole big chunks of honeydew melon with the parma ham grilled until crisp (watch it as it burns easily) and a little salad as garnish. The dressing is a must and makes the dish and you must must must use fresh mint leaves. That's a must!
Top Review by Whedonite
I served this for my sister's baby shower, and it was a huge hit! Great flavor combo and the dressing is delicious. Subbed prosciutto because I couldn't find parma ham, otherwise followed recipe exactly. I will definitely make this again!
- 1 melon
- 8 slices parma ham
- 100 g parmesan cheese, shaved using a vegetable peeler (optional)
- 100 g mixed salad greens
For the dressing
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar or 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 9 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulse the dressing in a blender adding the mint leaves last, leaving them only half blended into the dressing. Put in the fridge until ready to use.
- Assemble the salad any way you like (see above) grilling the parma ham until crisp for a change or if you like it like this (it does add another dimension done like this, but I do like it raw too).
- Pour a little of the dressing over the salad and serve with extra dressing on the side for those who want more. Some nice crusty bread wouldn't go amiss either!