Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great summertime salad with a drizzle of balsamic "syrup". Best with "gourmet" greens or baby greens.
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups salad greens
- 1⁄2 lb honeydew melon, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 4 slices prosciutto, torn (about 1 ounce-very thin)
- 4 fresh figs, quartered
- Bring vinegar to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-low heat; cook until syrupy and reduced to 3 tablespoons (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Combine oil, juice, pepper, and salt in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add salad greens; toss gently.
- Divide melon among 4 plates; top with salad greens. Arrange prosciutto and figs over salad greens; drizzle with balsamic syrup.