Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A golden Asian-style soup -- great for those chilly days.
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vindaloo curry paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 500 g yellow squash, chopped
- 200 g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 yellow peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 liter chicken, miso or 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- finely chopped chives or coriander, to garnish
- In a heavy-based pan, cook onion, ginger, curry paste and turmeric until onion is soft.
- Add sesame oil, vegetables and stock.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Puree soup.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- Serve garnished with chives or coriander.