Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From Food Network Magazine Sept 12 edition, works well. Without Pork Shoulder I used Pernil, which is a lean boneless cut, and which matches the recipe although the photo showed bone-in. I also substituted chicken broth for the white wine.
- 1814.36 g lean boneless pork shoulder
- 14.79 ml salt
- 9.85 ml ground pepper
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 118.29 ml white wine or 118.29 ml chicken broth
- Rinse the pork, dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper (be generous).
- Put into the slow cooker.
- Top with onions and garlic, add the broth or wine.
- Slow cook on low for 8 hours or until completely done.
- Pull pork apart with two forks.
This wasn't as flavourful as the crockpot recipe I normally use, but it was still good. I think it just lacked some spices. I will try it again and just add a some thyme or bay leaves. Thanks for posting.
Couldn't be any simpler. The only thing I did differently was, to braise it in my dutch oven in a low 325 oven for 3 hours. I don't really like the results of a slow cooker. No offense to Melissa's method though. My choice of liquid was chicken stock. :)