Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This versatile dish is elegant and tastes sophisticated. Of course you can vary the vegetables- this is just what I usually have on hand. I like lots of sauce with this dish, but if you prefer less, you could reduce the white wine and cream slightly. For a vegetarian version, simply use a vegetable stock cube instead of a chicken one.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 6 mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm up the olive oil.
- Add the green and red bell peppers, onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and mushrooms and cook, still stirring, for a further 4 minutes.
- Add the dry white wine and simmer uncovered for 4 minutes. By the end of the 4 minutes, the wine should have reduced a little.
- Crumble in the chicken stock cube, stir it in and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream. Turn up the heat a little and simmer for 5 minutes, until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Serve over pasta, rice, baked potatoes, chicken or as a side dish.
Easy and enjoyable dish! The flavors were great. Thanks for sharing!