1/1 Photo of Mediterranean-Style Tuna and Olive Sandwich
A sandwich that is served at the small cafes in the Mediterranean --- although they serve it mixed with olive oil I have listed mayonnaise I think you will enjoy it better that way, also many cafes use fresh cooked tuna, I have listed canned you may of coarse use the fresh ---the bread slices may be lightly toasted in a skillet if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 unsliced French baguette (see my Kittencal's French Bread/Baguette (Kitchen Aid Mixer Stand Mixer)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- sliced tomato (optional)
- green leaf lettuce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (can use more)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (6 ounce) cans light tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped bottled roasted red pepper
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped coarsely (or use other brine-cured olives)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 1 celery rib, diced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1In a large bowl place chopped roasted red peppers, Kalamata olives, onion and celery; toss to combine; add in the tuna and gently toss leaving the tuna in small chunks.
- 2In a small bowl whisk together the mayo with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and minced garlic; add to the tuna mixture and toss gently to combine then season with salt and pepper (at this point you may cover and refrigerate for upt to 24 hours).
- 3Using a serrated knife slice the baguette into 4 even pieces, then slice each piece in half.
- 4Brush the sides of the bread with olive oil then sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper (you may lightly toast the sliced part of the bread in a skillet if desired).
- 5Place lettuce leaves onto each bottom half of bread slice, then pile/divide the tuna mixture over the lettuce, if desired lay tomato slices over the tuna.
- 6Top each with a slice of bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean-Style Tuna and Olive Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.7
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 20.4 mg
- Sodium 1455.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: