Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are a seafood lover, then this is one you will just love....great with crusty bread to soak up the delicious sauce, and side salad...this is a wonderful seafood dish.
Top Review by Elkaybee
I saw this recipe & it reminded me of a Greek Restaurant I used to go to years ago. The prawns were not exactly the same but nonetheless, delicious. Husband was not so keen as he does not like olives, does not like fetta cheese but really enjoyed the prawns. He used to eat olives & fetta, not sure why his tastes has changed I had the remainder of the sauce on toast for breakfast & it was delicious.
- 12 large prawns, deveined and butterflied
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 5 -6 cloves fresh minced garlic (more if desired)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley, to taste
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pitted
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt the butter on medium-low heat.
- Add in the garlic and prawns, constantly stirring, and turning the prawns, using a large wooden spoon.
- After turning the prawns once, add in the white wine, juice of one lemon, and the pepper; continue to stir the sauce, and turn prawns until they turn light pink, and are lightly firm.
- Add in the green onions, parsley, tomato, stirring all the ingredients continuosly.
- When the prawns are pink and firm, remove from the pan.
- Lightly stir in the feta cheese, and serve immediately.