I had some mushrooms to use up and couldn't find any recipes that I wanted to make or that I had all of the ingredients for. So I decided to play with some of my favorite flavors together to make a vegetarian no bread-crumb stuffed mushroom. I had so much fun with this one that I also made green chile stuffed mushrooms and am going to post that recipe next! I had to write down a few more ideas for the next time I have mushrooms on hand. Playing with food is fun!
- 12 large mushrooms, cleaned and hollowed out
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives, rinsed and minced
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon oregano, minced (fresh or dry)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup feta, crumbled
- minced parsley, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet or 13x9 baking dish.
- Stir together filling ingredients: tomatoes through feta.
- Spoon filling into cleaned mushroom caps and place them in prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Place on a serving platter and sprinkle fresh minced parsley over the top of them.