Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Fabulous flavor for so little effort, and inexpensive too!
- 2 lbs chicken pieces (or 1 lb boneless)
- 4 large red potatoes, washed and cut into bite sized pieces (about 4 cups)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon smokey paprika
- 2 cups spinach, julienned
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over moderate heat
- Add chicken pieces and season with salt and pepper
- When the chicken pieces start to brown, add potatoes, garlic, onions and red pepper and season with a bit more salt and pepper
- Continue browning chicken and vegetables for about 10 minutes, stirring often
- Add wine and allow to bubble for a couple of minutes
- Add basil, oregano, thyme, tomatoes (squash these a bit first) and paprika
- Cover and reduce heat to low
- Cook for 30 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally, or until potatoes are tender and chicken is fully cooked
- Remove from heat and add spinach, stirring to combine
- Serve immediately with crusty baguettes and alioli
My picky husband loved this! Made no changes to the recipe but might try with some capers or olives next time. Not only was it delicious but the colorful vegetables made for a nice presentation. A definite make again!
We really really enjoyed this!!! I browned chunks of chicken breast and set aside and continued on with the recipe as written. I returned the chicken breasts to the pot and let gently simmer for the last 10 minutes of cooking time so the chicken wouldn't be dry and overcooked. Served with some bread...we will be making this one again! Thanks!
This was an easy recipe to make and I enjoyed the combination of flavors. Mine came out more like a stew. I served it with some crusty artisan bread as recommended.