Recipe by Hey Jude
A different take on stuffed shells...this is a recipe I clipped from a magazine about 10 years ago. It's kind of special but I've also done this after work, it's that quick to get together.
- 24 large pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (8 ounce) packagecrumbled feta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) package cream of spinach soup mix
- fresh dill sprig (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare jumbo shells as label directs, but do not use salt in the water.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot olive, oil, cook onion until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally; remove skillet from heat; stir in spinach, feta cheese, ricotta cheese, chopped dill, pepper and eggs.
- Preheat oven to 375°; drain shells, rinse with cold water and drain again; fill each shell with 1 rounded tablespoon of cheese mixture.
- Prepare soup mix as label directs, but simmer soup over medium-high heat for only 1 minute to thicken sauce slightly; pour sauce into a shallow 2 1/2-qt.
- ceramic or glass casserole.
- Arrange filled shells in the sauce.
- Cover and bake shells 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly; garnish with dill for serving.