Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
This recipe came originally from the LCBO Food & Drink Summer 2001 issue. We serve this alongside the French Bistro Tenderloin Roast With Shallot Sauce recipe from the same issue. It's bright and colourful and the flavours are divine. Use lettuces such as Oak leaf, Bibb, Boston or mixed soft lettuce. Fresh herbs are the best in this dressing. (If you can't find the yellow cherry tomatoes, substitute yellow pepper.)
Top Review by carole in orlando
This is an excellent compliment to any lunch or supper! I used only red tomatoes, as that was what I had on hand, and sweet onions. I used fatfree Half and Half and we loved the taste of the dressing. I love small red potatoes and this is another way to use them. We will have this, again. Thanks, Carole
- 1 lb small red potato, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cherry tomato
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup pitted chopped black olives
- 2 cups leaf lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 25 to 40 minutes or until tender.
- With slotted spoon remove from roasting pan and place in bowl.
- Toss with half the herbal dressing.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and add green beans.
- Boil for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Refresh with cold water until cool.
- Add to potatoes.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and add to potatoes.
- Stir in red onion and olives.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with remaining dressing.
- Line a platter with lettuce.
- Place salad on top.