Prep 5 mins
Cook 11 mins
Entered for safe-keeping, from Fagor recipe library. Fagor is a 15 psi pressure cooker. Please review the recommended cooking times for your pressure cooker, as it might required longer cooking time.
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, quartered and drained but oil reserved
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 1⁄4 cups rich vegetable stock
- 8 large stuffed olives
- 2 canned roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and sliced or 1⁄4 cup dried sun-dried tomato, reconstituted in water and drained
- 1⁄4 lb gruyere cheese, diced
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- pepper, to taste
- In pressure cooker over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of artichoke liquid or oil. add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add rice and saute, stirring often, until lightly golden.
- Pour in stock. Stir well.
- Secure lid. Bring to high pressure, then reduce heat to lowest setting that will stabilize at high pressure. From the moment high pressure has been reached, cook for 7 minutes.
- While risotto is cooking, slice the olives and roasted red peppers.
- Remove risotto from heat. Release pressure using automatic or cold-water release method (follow the recommendation of your pressure cooker manual).
- Stir in artichoke hearts, olives, roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, Gruyere cheese and 1 tablespoon of reserved artichoke liquid.
- Let risotto sit in cooker until cheese has melted.
- Stir one more time and sprinkle with Italian parsley and pepper to taste.
- Serve at once.