Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice simple rice side, simply make as directed or else throw everything in the rice cooker adding the parsley at the keep warm stage.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups rice
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- black pepper
- boiling water
- Heat oil & saute onion & garlic until tender, stir in rice.
- Add boiling water until pan is 3/4 full. Bring to boil, stirring.
- Stir in stock & rapid boil for 10-12 mins or until tender, drain well.
- Return to pan adding lemon rind, parsley & pepper, toss well to combine.
Very tasty. I'm not much of a cook but was able to make this without much fuss and it came out pretty good. Needed some salt otherwise was glad I made it
This is a great recipe, I made this vegetarian with a veggie broth, we also added a couple of tsp of orange zest, dash of turmeric, some roasted walnuts and chopped mint. Came out a lovely color, incredibly aromatic & amazing flavor...defintely making this one again!
I was a little confused about what size pan to use and exactly how much water to use-instructions said fill to 3/4 full so I am following the rice recipe on the back of my bag for that-should be a good side dish for chicken kabobs :)