Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
Found in Family Circle magazine
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 8 baby artichokes, fresh
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. In a bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, garlic, thyme, mustard, 1/8 tsp of the salt and 1/8 tsp of the pepper until well blended. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together beef, egg, parmesan, bread crumbs, remaining salt and remaining pepper until well combined. Form into 24 meatballs, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Slice off stem and top third of each artichoke; discard. Peel and discard the few top layers of leaves until artichokes are light green. Slice in half.
- Thread meatballs, artichokes, and tomatoes on eight 10-inch skewers. Brush generously with dressing. Grill on medium-high 12 minutes, rotating a few times, until meatballs are cooked through.
Great meatballs. I made them and basted in a pan. Served them with a Mediterranean zoodle salad.