Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The ultimate Hummus dip no one can resist! There won't be anything left in the bowl by the end of the evening.
- 4 -5 cloves garlic
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1⁄4 cup tahini paste (sesame paste)
- 3 -4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons lemons, juice of (start with 3tbs first, if you like it a little more tart, add another spoon)
- 3⁄4 tablespoon soya sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less to suit taste buds)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Blend garlic first.
- Add chickpeas, pulse for a few times at first, then puree, adding tahini paste through the feeder.
- Add in olive oil, lemon juice, soya sauce.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add salt, cumin, coriander, cayenne, lemon juice and water.
- Blend to a smooth paste.
- Transfer to a bowl, and garnish with some chopped parsley and cilantro leaves.
Tastes great with crackers or as a spread. Very good!
Very good! We love hummus, and this one is similar to the Mediterranean hummus that we like at Trader Joe's. I didn't add as much cumin, maybe 1 1/2 teaspoons. I didn't have the coriander on hand, but didn't miss it. I used red pepper sauce, a couple of drops because I couldn't find my red pepper anywhere! Thanks for a great recipe!
MARVELOUS!!!! even my husband loves it and asks for fresh veggies now to dip in it!!