6 hrs 20 mins
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
I found this recipe on Allrecipes (submitted by beverlyb). This dish is cooked in a crock pot or slow cooker and brings the flavors of the Mediterranean to your kitchen with chicken cooked slowly on a bed of pepperoncini, olives and garlic with a creamy, lemon sauce. Serve over couscous or white or brown rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 pepperoncini peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced pitted kalamata olive
- 8 minced garlic cloves
- 3 1/2 lbs chicken leg quarters
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1Layer whole pepperoncini on the bottom of a slow cooker. Sprinkle the olive slices and garlic on top of the peppers.
- 2Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place on top of pepperoncini mixture. Sprinkle chicken with 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika, salt, pepper and lemon zest. Slowly pour in lemon juice.
- 3Cover and cook on low 6 to 6-1/2 hours or until meat easily pulls away from the bone. Remove chicken o a warm plate and cover to keep warm.
- 4Turn slow cooker on high. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Whisk in sour cream until blended. Cover and simmer on high until heated through (8 to 10 minutes, depending on your cooker). Stir in pepper and paprika. Serve sauce with chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Chicken With Pepperoncini and Kalamatas
Serving Size: 1 (745 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 957.8
- Calories from Fat 572
- Total Fat 63.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 359.6 mg
- Sodium 3323.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 76.2 g