Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I use chicken thighs because the breasts tend to dry out & get tough!
Make and share this Mediterranean Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, cut into quarter inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place chicken breasts in a large pot and barely cover with cold water. Bring water to boil over high heat. Turn down the heat and simmer chicken for 20-minutes, or until just cooked through. Let the chicken cool slightly in the liquid.
- When the chicken can be handled, remove the meat from the bones and cut into 1" chunks.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl. Add onion, olives, artichoke hearts, basil, salt and pepper to chicken and toss well.
- Combine olive oil and corn oil together. Sprinkle vinegar and oils over all and toss again.
- Place salad in a large covered container and chill until ready to serve!