Recipe by DailyInspiration
Found this in my old recipe files. A nice one pot meal full of warm spices, lemon and honey. Yumm!
Top Review by rpgaymer
I really liked this dish. The flavorful, sweet sauce was really good over brown rice. I had to use chicken tenders as the store was out of chicken thighs, so I cut down on the cooking time. The dish still tasted great, although I would like to try making it with chicken thighs in the future. [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned chick-peas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown on both sides in 3-5 tablespoons oil. Remove to plate.
- Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes.
- Add cumin through cinnamon and stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Add flour and stir well to mix.
- Add broth, honey and lemon zest. Stir to combine and add chicken back to pan; simmer 15 minutes.
- Add raisins and cook 15 minutes longer.
- Remove chicken and plate.
- Add chickpeas and cook 5 minutes to heat through.
- Spoon sauce over chicken. If sauce is not thick enough, add a little cornstarch/water slurry to thicken up the sauce. If you prefer, place chicken over cooked rice and add sauce on top.