- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 5 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder, plus
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the beef, onion, and garlic in a large pot; cook until beef is browned, stirring to crumble meat; drain drippings.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Cook, uncovered, over low heat 3-4 hours (or until has cooked down to desired consistency), stirring occasionally; taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.