Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe comes from the 2009 cookbook, Taste of Home Best Church Supper Recipes. Preparation time includes neither the time needed for the asparagus to cool nor for the time for the finished salad to chill.
Top Review by ladyfingers
I too found this recipe in a Taste Of Home Cookbook, except it was called "Bountiful Harvest." It sounded good while reading over the ingredients. Unfortunately, it wasn't well received when presented to dinner guests. Some did not like the overpowering dill, although I cut back to just one teaspoon. Others did not like the ham/chicken addition. I thought it was okay, but have tasted much better pasta salads. Save your asparagus where its taste can be appreciated--I was somewhat disappointed with this recipe.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces, tops separated from stems
- 1 (16 ounce) package tri-colored pasta, cooked & drained
- 1 cup chicken, cooked & diced
- 1 cup ham, fully cooked & diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded & diced
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups Kraft light zesty italian dressing
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the pieces of asparagus stem in a steamer basket & steam for 8 to 10 minutes before adding the top pieces, then steam another 5 to 7 minutes or until all is crisp-tender. Drain & cool.
- In a large bowl, comgine asparagus & the remaining ingredients, tossing to coat.
- Cover & refrigerate 3 to 4 hours or overnight.