Recipe by Michelle_My_Belle
I found a delightful little box in my bottom turnaround. It was labeled recipes. I sifted through and separated all the hand written ones: This one appears to be my aunt's or grandmother's.
Top Review by RonaNZ
Great meatloaf - and not a lot of work for pretty results too. I used silverbeet (New Zealand spinach) which is darker than spinach and bigger leaves too. I slices the leaves off the ribs and wilted them in a hot frypan and then laid out the leaves on top of beef. I think it made for a nice presentation when it was sliced. I also liked the mozzarella on top for presentation too. Taste and texture was really good too.
- 5 ounces chopped and drained spinach (if frozen)
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 lb sliced ham (optional)
- 1⁄4 lb sliced mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix hamburger, eggs, bread crumbs, ketchup, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Spread flat on a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Top with spinach; spread flat.
- Top with layer of ham; roll up mixture (don't roll up with aluminum foil) and seal foil around roll.
- Cook at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Open up pocket, place cheese on and return to oven until cheese is melted.