Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Easy to put together, then relax while it bakes. Found this on the web.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place potatoes and onion in a buttered 2 quart casserole, sprinkle with salt.
- Mix remaining ingredients; spread over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 55 to 65 minutes.
What a great idea for a fix & forget kind of dinner on a busy night! We really liked this. I made a few changes to suit my family's tastes. I had to use my favorite topping of 2 T. apple cider vinegar, 2 T. brown sugar and 1/3 cup ketchup. I didn't peel the taters and also had to bake about 10 extra minutes to completely cook the potatoes. We'll be enjoying this often! Thanks Cinda Lou!