Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This dish is a very unique blend of meats and binders. The ketchup and relish is a nice touch to pull the whole dish together. Offer ketchup and relish at the table, incase guests want to add more. A simple salad and meatloaf make a wonderful fall or winter dish.
- 1⁄2-1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4-2⁄3 lb mild Italian sausage (More beef than sausage.)
- 1 egg
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 slice fresh bread, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sweet relish
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In large bowl, mix sausage, beef, egg, onion, bread, oatmeal, curry, and 1/2 cup ketchup thoroughly.
- Place in loaf pan.
- Combine mixture of 1/4 cup ketchup and sweet relish; Spread on top of loaf.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes.