Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I hate meatloaf - DH loves it. I came up with this, modifying a recipe for meatballs, and we both love it. It doesn't have a sauce because it doesn't need it. It's wonderful on it's own. We like to roast carrots with it, and serve it with mashed potatoes and biscuits.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 8 ounces ground veal
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Put all ingredients into a large bowl or into the bowl of your mixer and mix together.
- Shape into a loaf and bake at 375 degrees F.
- for 35-40 minutes.