The Most Tender Meatloaf
photo by AZPARZYCH
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage (bulk not links)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons dry mustard
- Turn oven on and set at 350 degrees.
- Mix the first 7 ingredients together thoroughly. Using your hands is the best way to get it done. Form meat into a loaf shape and place in a baking dish.
- Place the meatloaf in the oven bake for 60 minutes.
- While meatloaf is in the oven, mix the final 3 ingredients together.
- After the 60 minutes, remove the meatloaf from the oven and spread the ketchup topping over the loaf.
- Place back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Note: Make sure meat is cooked. You don't want to eat rare pork. Also, the meatloaf serves up easiest if you let it rest a few minutes before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was really good! DH said he is not a fan of sausage but still ate 2 servings and said he would eat the leftovers for lunch! Was easy to put together and was moist. I really liked the ketchup topping, I usually add tomato sauce to mine but I liked the sweetness the brown sugar added. Will be making again (sausage and all). Made for Spring 2009 PAC.