1/2 Photos of Meatless Muffuletta Panini
You can have your muffaletta without all the meat, but with all the flavor! Adapted from Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals! Feel free to add more if you like. Perhaps some marinated mushrooms, pepperoncini, veggie bacon, other cheeses, tomato slices, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 1 cup giardiniera, drained (pickled cauliflower, carrot and hot pepper mix)
- 4 sesame seed rolls (or cornmeal Kaiser rolls, French bread etc.)
- 8 slices sharp provolone cheese
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, thinly sliced
- 2 roasted red peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- 1Preheat griddle or grill to medium-high heat.
- 2Place olives and pickled veggies(not roasted red pepper!) in food processor and pulse chop into a relish.
- 3Divide the relish among 4 sandwich bottoms and top with a single slice of cheese, sliced artichokes and peppers then add another slice of provolone to each sandwich and press tops in place.
- 4Place sandwiches on grill or frying pan on medium heat and press with heavy skillet weighted down with another heavy skillet or a few heavy cans. Press a few minutes on each side till lightly browned, remove, split and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatless Muffuletta Panini
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.2
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Sodium 938.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 16.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sesame seed rolls
roasted red peppers