Top Review by Charlotte J
This was a nice healthy soup and he kids wanted more. I added 1/2 teaspoon of the basil, oregano and cumin. I also added 1/2 teaspoon sugar and 1 tablespoon of tomato paste. I'll be making this again. Made for *Bargain Basement 2009* game
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 2 lbs tomatoes, diced
- 1 (20 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- In 5-quart saucepan heat oi l.
- Add onion, garlic, chili powder, basil leaves, oregano and cumin.
- Cook, stirring, 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add zucchini and carrots.
- Cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 30 to 35 minutes.