Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are scrumptious! So easy to make, as is the sauce, and they always go down a real treat at parties, BBQs, or as an appetizer - just so versatile!
- 500 g minced beef (ground beef)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon beef stock powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups stale breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- flour (for dredging)
- oil (for frying meatballs)
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh lemongrass (optional)
- Combine beef, onion, garlic, beef stock powder, breadcrumbs, egg, nutmeg, mint and parsley and mix well.
- Roll mixture into small bite-size meatballs.
- Roll meatballs in a little flour.
- Gently fry meatballs.
- Roll them around in the frying pan until they are browned.
- Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Serve with the delicious Satay Sauce!
- Method for SATAY SAUCE:
- Process peanuts until finely chopped and add to to a saucepan with all other ingredients.
- Stir but do not boil. Just heat through.