Recipe by Karin...
These are scrumptious! So easy to make, as is the sauce, and they always go down a real treat at parties, BBQs, or as an appetizer - just so versatile!
Top Review by Ginger Rose
I changed this recipe quite a bit as I cooked up some vegetables (eggplant and red pepper) with the meatballs then poured the sauce over it all and let it simmer for 10 minutes. It made an absolutely delicious meal - the flavours are lovely! Thanks for posting this recipe.
- 500 g minced beef (ground beef)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon beef stock powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups stale breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- flour (for dredging)
- oil (for frying meatballs)
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh lemongrass (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef, onion, garlic, beef stock powder, breadcrumbs, egg, nutmeg, mint and parsley and mix well.
- Roll mixture into small bite-size meatballs.
- Roll meatballs in a little flour.
- Gently fry meatballs.
- Roll them around in the frying pan until they are browned.
- Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Serve with the delicious Satay Sauce!
- Method for SATAY SAUCE:
- Process peanuts until finely chopped and add to to a saucepan with all other ingredients.
- Stir but do not boil. Just heat through.