I always make this with ground veal, but you could use lean chicken as well. I love to make this in the spring, I seem to crave dill in spring.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground veal or 1 lb chicken
- 2 slices white bread
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 large shallot, finely minced (you could sub a small onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- fresh black pepper, 1 generous grind
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1Place bread in a bowl and cover with milk. Let stand till bread soaks up all the milk. (about 5 min).
- 2Crumble up well with hands.
- 3Add remaining ingredients and mix well with hands.
- 4Form into 1" balls. and place on foil lined cookie sheet (spray with cooking spray first).
- 5Bake in 350°F oven until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- 7Melt butter in medium sauce pan.
- 8Sauté garlic and onion till softened.
- 9Add flour and cook a few minutes.
- 10Add wine, stock and cream.
- 11Whisk until thickened slightly.
- 12Add herbs and seasonings.
- 13Add meat balls and warm up.
- 14Serve with egg noodles and fresh asparagus.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatballs With a Creamy Dill Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.8
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 122.3 mg
- Sodium 297.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: