1/2 Photos of Meatballs Italiano
Chef Itchy Monkey's Note:
Clipped this out of a magazine somewhere. I love to bake these on a weekend and freeze them for later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage (hot or mild, casings removed)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray with cooking spray.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well with your hands.
- 3Using a scale, weigh out 1.5oz portions of meat and form into meatballs.
- 4Place meatballs on the wire rack.
- 5Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. If you make larger or smaller meatballs than the 1.5oz suggested, you will need to adjust your cooking time accordingly.
- 6These freeze very well! To reheat, take the desired portion from the freezer and drop into a saucepan of your favorite pasta sauce, then simmer until heated through.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatballs Italiano
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 11
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.1
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 101.7 mg
- Sodium 874.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: