Clipped this out of a magazine somewhere. I love to bake these on a weekend and freeze them for later.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage (hot or mild, casings removed)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well with your hands.
- Using a scale, weigh out 1.5oz portions of meat and form into meatballs.
- Place meatballs on the wire rack.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. If you make larger or smaller meatballs than the 1.5oz suggested, you will need to adjust your cooking time accordingly.
- These freeze very well! To reheat, take the desired portion from the freezer and drop into a saucepan of your favorite pasta sauce, then simmer until heated through.
Very good meatball recipe! Thanks!
I chose mild sausage and omitted the onions due to my onion allergy. The family enjoyed the texture and taste of these meatballs. Baking them in the oven is the only way to go. Thanks for helping me create a meal that everyone liked!! KCShell