Recipe by Johnney
Great Meat Recipe For Diabetics Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe):. Calories: 240, Fat: 6.5 g, Cholesterol: 60.9 mg,. Sodium: 435 mg, Protein: 29.3 g, Carbohydrate: 15.9 g. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 Meat, 3 Vegetable.
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef, rib eye steaks
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 -2 pasilla chile
- 1 (28 ounce) can reduced-sodium diced tomatoes, undrained
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground pork and beef, egg whites, bread crumbs, zucchini,onion, garlic, jalapeno chili, oregano, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Shape mixture into 16 meatballs.
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Cook pasilla chilies over medium heat until softened; discard stems, seeds, and veins.
- Process chilies and tomatoes with liquid in blender until smooth.
- Heat tomato mixture to boiling in large saucepan; add meatballs.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until meatballs are cooked and no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.