Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I just love to make these, and eat them too! It's such a simple main dish. Serve it over egg noodles or rice.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cups mushroom beef gravy or 2 cups beef gravy
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, egg, parmesan cheese, milk, onion powder, garlic salt and pepper.
- Form into 20 meatballs.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain excess fat.
- Sprinkle meatballs with paprika; add onion.
- Cover; cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine gravy and sour cream; pour over meatballs; heat slowly, basting meatballs frequently.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- When sauce is heated through, serve over egg noodles.
I served this over mashed potatoes. Delicious. Very easy to make, wonderful sauce.
This was a very tasty dish. The sauce was tasted great with the egg noodles I made. I want to try this again over mashed potatos. This is definitly a keeper!
Awesome recipe. My son said that there should have been more sauce so next time I will add 1 more pkg. of beef gravy sauce and 1/4 cup sour cream. May even add a can of drained mushrooms. Served with noodles and a salad.