Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Good for eating and watching football. From my files...
Make and share this Meatballs in Beer Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Soak bread cubes in 1/2 cup beer.
- Combine ground beef, cheese, salt, pepper and beer soaked bread. Mix well and form cocktail size meatballs (about 32, 1" balls).
- Arrange in a single layer in a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute onions in margarine until tender. Stir in sugar, vinegar, beef stock, and remaining beer. Thicken with flour if so desired.
- Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- When meatballs are done, drain on paper towels and then add to the sauce and simmer for 20 minutes longer.
- Serve with toothpicks.