Recipe by Paintpuddles
A rice mix and precooked meatballs give a head start to a easy week night dinner
Top Review by Michelle S.
This was a good basic meal. I left out the broccoli and served it on the side so EVERYONE would eat it! We all enjoyed it. I got ALOT more than 4 servings (I did add more meatballs) and I would definitely make this again.
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package beef flavored Rice-A-Roni
- 2 1⁄3 cups water
- 16 frozen cooked meatballs (8 oz.)
- 2 cups frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in large skillet over medium heat. Add rice mix; cook and.
- Stir until lightly browned. Add water, contents of seasoning packet from.
- Mix and meatballs. Bring to a boil. Stir; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover; cook 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli and bell pepper to skillet. Cover; cook over medium heat.
- For 7 to 9 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender and rice is tender.
- Stir to fluff rice before serving.
- This recipe can be changed around a bit, using different veggies etc - I even stirred in sautéed onion and fresh mushrooms with the pepper strips -- .