Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an old recipe from the magazine "Quick Cooking". I use whole wheat lasagna noodles and lower sodium tomato products to make it a little healthier. My kids love it!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- garlic salt
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 24 cooked meatballs
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In large saucepan, combine first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. Crumble meatballs into sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and ricotta cheese. Spoon 1 cup of the meat sauce into a greased 9X13 pan. Layer with 1/2 the noodles, ricotta mixture, meat sauce, mozzerella and parmesan cheeses. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Uncover, bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes befor serving.