Meat, Vegetable and Cheese Pitas
- 1⁄4 cup swiss cheese, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup cooked meat, cut into 1/2 inch cubes or thinly sliced (ie ham, turkey, chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, peeled,slice thinly
- 1⁄3 cup celery, slice thinly
- 1 tablespoon green onion, slice thinly
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard or 1⁄2 teaspoon honey mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 2 whole wheat pita bread, halved
- In a medium bowl, combine filling ingredients- set aside.
- In a small bowl combine dressing, mix well.
- Stir dressing into filling bowl.
- Spoon into pita halves.
- Serve immediately.
- Tip for brown bagging, place prepared mixture in a small container, keep chilled till ready to assemble, makes for a fresh tasting sandwich instead of the fast food route.