Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mom made this all the time while we were growing up. It's easy to make, tastes amazing, and has lots of variations
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups coarsely grated raw potatoes
- 1 cup grated cheese (I like cheddar)
- 3⁄4 cup any cooked meat (ham, hamburger, chicken, turkey...)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Squeeze excess liquid from potatoes then mix together with vegetable oil.
- Press into 9" pie pan and bake for 15 minutes, or until just beginning to brown, in 425 degree oven.
- Remove from oven and lay on cheese, cooked meat, and onion.
- In a bowl beat together milk, eggs, salt and pepper. Pour over meat mixture.
- Return to oven and bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted 1" from edge comes out clean.
- Allow quiche to cool 5-10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
This was so yummy! I love hamburger and potatoes - I think it is my favorite food. This was a new recipe that turned out pretty good. My husband was not too crazy about the "not crispy" pototoes, but everyone else loved it. Thanks for the new family favorite. Added more eggs and less (rice milk) and omitted cheese due to food allergies. Still came out terrific.