Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Sauce that is chock full of chopped ground beef, pork sausage and meatballs. Serve it over your favorite pasta noodles, as a sauce for lasagna, ziti or manicotti or use it as a pizza sauce. Freezes well too. May serve more than 12 servings.
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb pork sausage (Jimmy Dean)
- 20 ounces frozen meatballs
- 3 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, Italian style
- 1 (26 ounce) jarof ragu robusto spaghetti sauce (chopped tomato, olive oil and garlic flavor....or your favorite)
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Italian spices
- In two separate skillets, brown the ground beef and onion in one skillet and the pork sausage in another until browned; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a medium to large stockpot or large dutch oven, combine tomatoes, sauce, and garlic.
- Add beef/onion and sausage to pot; mix well and top off generously with Italian seasonings.
- Bring to a boil; simmer on low for at least 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add frozen meatballs to sauce about 30 minutes prior to serving.