Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Much the same flavour as stuffed cabbage rolls, but is much easier to prepare.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- 236.59 ml carrot, finely shredded
- 709.77 ml cabbage, finely shredded
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.25 ml black pepper
- 453.59 g spaghetti sauce
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml chives, chopped
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- In medium skillet, saute onion in butter until soft, but not brown.
- Add ground beef. Cook, breaking up the meat until done.
- In a 2-quart buttered casserole with cover, layer the carrots and half the cabbage. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Add meat mixture, press down slightly.
- Add remaining cabbage.
- Combine spaghetti sauce, Worchestershire sauce & chives.
- Pour sauce over top casserole.
- Cover & bake at 350° F for about 1 hour or until cabbage is soft.
- Add cheese on top, bake uncovered for another 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted.
This casserole is so yummy with the shredded carrots. Next time I'll add more carrots and more cabbage. 3 cups of cabbage doesn't give a lot in a serving. Because when cooking it reduces a lot. Thanks Mustang Sally :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
YUMMO! Comfort food this is! There is a lot of juice that is released from the cabbage. It would be good to remove the top for half the cooking time. The Worcestershire sauce I added to the meat using only 1 teaspoon. Skipped the salt. used olive oil for sauteing the onions. Made for PAC http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=296583&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 Thanks!