Recipe by sepalmer
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Tasty appetizer or buffet item, that is also satisfying as a main dish.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine diced onion, worcester sauce and ground beef in frying pan. Cook well, while stirring occasionally, until beef is well-done and crumbly. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, prepare Simply Potatoes Mashed Potatoes according to package instructions.
- When beef is done, combine the beef and onion mixture with the Simply Potatoes Mashed Potatoes.
- Spoon the beef-potato mixture into individual wonton wrappers, Moisten the edges of the wrappers slightly to seal the wontons. Place each wonton on a lightly greased baking sheet, under a damp cloth as you work, to prevent them from drying out.
- When all wontons are filled, either steam for 5 to 7 minutes, or bake them at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes, until lightly browned and crispy.
- Serve these with a warmed sauce, such as a barbeque or hoisin sauce, for dipping. These are easily eaten from a frilled-toothpick, which makes them a great buffet or party food.