Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A spicy full flavored version of roasted baby potatoes. I adopted this from the Recipezaar account and I am the very happy new owner of such a winner :) Now that I have made it several times myself, I totally agree with reviewers recomendations to add carrots to this too. I have also added cubed sweet potato, but be aware that they will be fairly soft, rather than crunchy like the potatoes. A firm favourite in our home from now on ! Enjoy :) Oven time depends on how much you are making.. mine took 45 minutes for the potatoes to be nice and crunchy. It serves 4 at our place... 6 would be fighting each other for the biggest serving LOL.
- 3 lbs red potatoes or 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- cayenne, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In large pan, melt butter in oil over moderate heat.
- Add garlic, parsley, thyme, rosemary, paprika and cayenne.
- Add potatoes and toss well.
- Roast, basting until potatoes are tender.
I love cooking with fresh herbs, Rosemary thrives in the desert, Thyme survives in partial shade, but parsley has a short life cycle in a hot climate. I would make this again even if I had to purchase the herbs. I used red skin potatoes and had to substitute sweet paprika. Basting with the garlic and herb butter-oil resulted in beautifully browned potatoes with the flavors of Rosemary, Thyme, and garlic enhanced by a bit of heat from the red pepper. Thanks Mean Chef!
Easy side-dish. The spices added color and flavor to what often becomes(yawn)just another potato dish. This a good dish to consider when you are cooking for a crowd.
A fabulously easy and scrumptious side dish. Nice crisped potatoes with a little kick of heat. Mine took almost an hour to bake. ***UPDATE*** These are so good, I had to comment again. This time I added some grated pecorino during the last 15 minutes of baking. It made a nice, crunchy topping for the potatoes.