Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from Taste of Home. If you love hot chocolate on your ice cream, this is THE ONE! Chocoholics, check this one out!
- In a heavy saucepan, combine cream and butter.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until butter is melted.
- Add the sugars and salt; cook and stir until sugars are dissolved, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in cocoa and syrup.
- A wire wisk helps to dissolve the cocoa.
- Cook and stir until cocoa is dissolved.
- Add chocolate squares; cook and stir until melted.
- Reduce heat to low; cook for 3-4 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and rum extract if desired.
- Cool slightly.
- Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Serve warm over ice cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
This sauce is excellent! Very chocolately and not overly sweet. I served it over vanilla ice cream and it got a bit chewy. Just the way I like it! I did not cook for the reccomended 10 - 12 minutes. Maybe 6 minutes or so. This is my new favorite hot fudge sauce. Thanks Ron.