Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came from Taste of Home. If you love hot chocolate on your ice cream, this is THE ONE! Chocoholics, check this one out!
- In a heavy saucepan, combine cream and butter.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until butter is melted.
- Add the sugars and salt; cook and stir until sugars are dissolved, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in cocoa and syrup.
- A wire wisk helps to dissolve the cocoa.
- Cook and stir until cocoa is dissolved.
- Add chocolate squares; cook and stir until melted.
- Reduce heat to low; cook for 3-4 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and rum extract if desired.
- Cool slightly.
- Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Serve warm over ice cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers.