Ron Harrison's Note:
This recipe came from Taste of Home. If you love hot chocolate on your ice cream, this is THE ONE! Chocoholics, check this one out!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy saucepan, combine cream and butter.
- 2Cook and stir over medium-low heat until butter is melted.
- 3Add the sugars and salt; cook and stir until sugars are dissolved, about 4 minutes.
- 4Stir in cocoa and syrup.
- 5A wire wisk helps to dissolve the cocoa.
- 6Cook and stir until cocoa is dissolved.
- 7Add chocolate squares; cook and stir until melted.
- 8Reduce heat to low; cook for 3-4 minutes stirring constantly.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Stir in vanilla and rum extract if desired.
- 11Cool slightly.
- 12Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- 13Serve warm over ice cream.
- 14Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mean Old Fudge Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1294.4
- Calories from Fat 689
- Total Fat 76.5 g
- Saturated Fat 47.8 g
- Cholesterol 197.7 mg
- Sodium 430.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 168.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 117.1 g
- Protein 8.7 g