1/2 Photos of Mean Chef's French Fries
I adopted this recipe from Mean Chef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour oil in a deep fryer or heavy saucepan to reach halfway up the sides of the pan.
- 2Heat to 325 degrees F, use a deep fry thermometer to determine this.
- 3While the oil is heating, peel the potatoes and push through a French fry cutter to form uniform sticks.
- 4As you go, place the cut potatoes in a bowl of ice water to release some of the starch and to keep them from browning.
- 5Dry the potato strips thoroughly, this will keep the oil from splattering.
- 6Fry the potatoes in batches so the pan isn't crowded and the oil temperature does not plummet.
- 7Cook for 3 minutes until they are soft but not browned.
- 8Remove the potatoes with a long-handled metal strainer and drain on brown paper bags.
- 9Bring oil temperature up to 375 degrees F.
- 10Return the par-fried potatoes to the oil in batches and cook a second time for 4 minutes until golden and crispy.
- 11Drain on fresh brown paper bags then place in a serving bowl lined with paper towels.
- 12Salt and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mean Chef's French Fries
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.6
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 2.8 g