Recipe by Pixie's Kitchen
A staff pick recipe from Good Housekeeping. This is an amazingly easy dish, can be made ahead, and re-heats really well. Everyone in the family loves this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine meat, cracker crumbs, 1/2 of the onion, 2/3 cup of soup, the egg and half of the salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease a 9 X 9 inch baking dish. Layer the potatoes and remaining onion, salt and pepper in two layers. Spoon the corn over the potatoes.
- Evenly spread the meat loaf mixture over the corn. Top with the remaining tomato soup. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 1 hour. Cool slightly before cutting.