Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a really easy to make. really high in taste sauce. good for dipping fries, chips, veggies. also good on wraps, burgers, sandwiches. it's easy to make. it's a kid (and grown up) pleaser. this sauce is a must when we bbq. Your kid or teen will enjoy making this recipe.
- 1 cup Miracle Whip (or mayo with a dash of white vinegar)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice (trust me on this one)
- 1⁄4 cup green relish
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- whisk first 4 ingredients together.
- add a little of the hot sauce.
- add more hot sauce if needed -- if its too hot add a little more miracle whip.
I grew up on something very similar at my grandfather's backyard barbecues. Substituting horseradish for the relish and Tabasco makes for a nice "zingy" alternative, too.
I cut the recipe in half, used the mayonnaise with vinegar option and cut back slightly on the pickle relish and tabasco. I recommend giving it some time to chill before serving. This is a very versatile sauce. Goes with just about everything. So far I have used it to top a roasted chicken breast sandwich.
I used mayo and wanted to add vinegar like you said but I forgot. It was delicious on these burgers : Update Onion Burger Even my son wanted some on his burger. Thanks Maya :) Made for Ramadan tag game