Recipe by eHelen
Ever noticed that there is always one person wherever you work, live, or go who not only can make wonderful meals, but also wonderful snacks? This recipe came from Maxine, who was known to introduce us to wonderful snacks and also very easy recipes. She also is the one behind my Pineapple Scallop recipe. She never let us down, her food was always a treat. Wish we lived closer...wonder what she is cooking today!! Servings are based on pizza slices. To serve a group on a buffet table, I would cut into rectangular pieces.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese
- 1 (3 1/4 ounce) package Dream Whip
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 teaspoons milk
DECORATING WITH STRAWBERRIES
- 1 pint strawberry
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the 3 crust ingredients altogether using a pastry blender.
- Press the mixture into a pizza pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 9 minutes, watching closely, removing when golden brown.
- Let the crust cool.
- Mix and blend together the cream cheese, Dream Whip, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk.
- Beat the mixture until smooth and creamy, and spread over the cooled crust.
- After cutting the strawberries in half, carefully arrange over the topping with the cut sides down.
- Carefully cover with plastic wrap, and chill approximately 2 hours.