Recipe by Stewie
This is a great main-dish salad! J.L.Hudson's in Detroit serves it as a signature dish and this is much like their recipe. (Or use the dressing on another salad if you wish) Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons tarragon wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 3 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- mixed salad green
- 2 cups fully-cooked ham
- 2 cups swiss cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into matchstick strips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a cup or small bowl, combine vinegar and grated onion and set aside to marinate.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, Miracle Whip, parsley flakes, eggs, chives, and sugar; stir until well mixed.
- Add vinegar-onion mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Chill until use.
- Makes 2 cups dressing.
- Line salad bowl with fresh salad greens.
- Combine strips of ham, Swiss cheese, and chicken and turn into the middle of the bowl.
- Cover with prepared dressing;according to taste.